mmh, too tight and you'll crush it like an egg. (Don't ask me how I know)
The idea is to reinforce where possible. Or better yet, build a skeleton inside the camper. A split in the seam will catch air like a parachute. Another idea...wrap in addition to blocking and support framing.
This camper had a small seam issue up front...I made it from TX to NC
Thanks, I was worried about exactly that. Hadn't thought about plastic wrap! I'll totally do that as well. Going to brace where I can, it's just going to be tricky without measurements/cordless saw (no electricity at our site). I taped it up with gaffers tape and will likely add more for the trip. But I'll bring up my hacksaw as well.
This is why I was really wanting to do it on site. But my stress level was ramping up too high over missing what supplies to bring and going 30 min each way to a Home Depot and having to head 90 minutes BACK towards home (halfway) and BACK up the mountain since I need those measurements to get the aluminum.
Oh my gosh, I realized that I never updated here! Just over in the Mobiltec Patreon.
So we made it home safe and sound, opting FOR traffic so we could go really slow, and I've got it mostly all pulled apart (and decorated for Halloween). Had to pull every screw by hand. But they are all finally out!
Thanks again! Will update more in another thread as I go