Post by boandsusan on Jun 30, 2013 14:07:44 GMT -8
The heads on the tacks used in the above picture are TOO big but it was about to storm and these are what came out so we reused them. Plus because of the damaged to the edging on these corners (po opening and closing them) I did use some thin black butyl tape between the metals.
Post by boandsusan on Jun 30, 2013 14:14:28 GMT -8
Now for the Birch I figured 13 sheets of 1/4 inch Birch for the interior (including wardrobe, benches and new kitchen facinc etc). I shellacked on a plastic covered pool table inside the house as I wanted it to dry in the AC . This is, one sheet raw, 1 sheet with one coat and one sheet with 3 coats Sanded lightly with sand paper between each coat. We decided on 3 coats but had the interior been larger, we would go with 4-5 coats of amber shellac.
Post by boandsusan on Jun 30, 2013 14:34:47 GMT -8
At this point Bo finished up the wiring for me . Oh and I used the jigsaw at top speed using a super fine blade for the wavy cut out. I found that it cut a lot neater if I cut it with the face side up.
Post by boandsusan on Jun 30, 2013 15:06:57 GMT -8
Now for the under the bed AC.......The weather was starting to warm up at this point so we decided to get the AC installed. We started by running the ac on a stand and determining where the water built up on the base. We had to remove the top and sides of the unit to do this. Once we found the lowest point in the floor of the AC, Bo drilled a 3/4 inch hole for the water to drain. Then we placed the AC in place and marked the trailer floor, where the drain hole needed to be. We drilled a hole through the camper floor for the drain tube.
Post by boandsusan on Jun 30, 2013 15:14:28 GMT -8
Next we set the AC unit in place and a 5x9 inch hole was cut out of the floor and I trimmed it out with bug screen. We drilled a small hole in the 4 corners to make sure that we were not over the top of any framing before we cut the 5x9 hole out.